Blackadder season 3 stars Rowan Atkinson, Tony Robinson, and Hugh Laurie. Blackadder is reduced to the status of butler, whilst Hugh Laurie plays a foppish Prince.
Blackadder Season 3
Blackadder series 3 is also known as Blackadder the Third. Set during the British Regency era, Blackadder is reduced in social status to being the butler of the Prince Regent.
Baldrick, in a strange irony, has actually been elevated in social status from a serf to a ‘dogsbody’. He is still the butt of many Blackadder jokes though!
Hugh Laurie in Blackadder Series 3
American fans of TV show House are always surprised to find that Hugh Laurie played a major role in Blackadder season 3.
As the foppish, stupid Prince Regent, his character is miles away from Dr. House!
Blackadder Series 3 – Blackadder the Third
The third series of Blackadder, is set in the late 18th and early 19th century period.
Only two characters make it through from Blackadder (The Blackadder) and Blackadder II. These are Blackadder himself, and Baldrick.
The ‘core’ group of other central characters in Blackadder Series 3, are completed with the Prince Regent, and Mrs. Miggins.
As with the other two series of Blackadder, each episode features a guest star.
Whilst each star is excellent in their own way, it is Stephen Fry as the Duke of Wellington who really stands out.
Blackadder the Third
Blackadder series 3 follows in the footsteps of series 2, by brilliantly blending great comedy with the contemporary issues of the time.
It is the source of many funny Blackadder quotes, in particular from the bumbling Prince Regent.
The way this character is played by Hugh Laurie is massively different from his other role as House, for which he is more famous in the United States.
Blackadder Series 3 Episode List
As with other series of Blackadder, Black Added season 3 had 6 episodes:
- Dish and Dishonesty
- Ink and Incapability
- Nob and Nobility
- Sense and Senility
- Amy and Amiability
- Duel and Duality
Full Cast List for Blackadder Series 3
Here’s a look at the cast list from Black Adder The Third:
- Rowan Atkinson – Edmund Blackadder, butler to the Prince / … (6 episodes, 1987)
- Tony Robinson – Baldrick, a dogsbody / … (6 episodes, 1987)
- Hugh Laurie – The Prince Regent, their master (6 episodes, 1987)
- Helen Atkinson Wood – Mrs. Miggins, a coffee shoppekeeper (6 episodes, 1987)
- Robbie Coltrane – Dr. Samuel Johnson, in the funny Blackadder dictionary episode(1 episode, 1987)
- Hugh Paddick – Keanrick, thespian (1 episode, 1987)
- Kenneth Connor – Mossop, thespian (1 episode, 1987)
- Stephen Fry – The Duke of Wellington, a famous soldier (1 episode, 1987)
- Vincent Hanna – Mr. Vincent Hanna, his own great great great grandfather (1 episode, 1987)
- Tim McInnerny – Lord Topper, fop (1 episode, 1987)
- Miranda Richardson – Amy Hardwood, the elusive Shadow (1 episode, 1987)
- Warren Clarke – Mr. Hardwood, her father (1 episode, 1987)
- Lee Cornes – Shelley, romantic junkie poet (1 episode, 1987)
- Gertan Klauber – King George III, a mad Monarch (1 episode, 1987)
- Denis Lill – Sir Talbot Buxomly, a member of Parliament (1 episode, 1987)
- Nigel Planer – Lord Smedley, fop (1 episode, 1987)
- Chris Barrie – Ambassador, a fearsome revolutionary (1 episode, 1987)
- Ben Elton – Anarchist (1 episode, 1987)
- Barbara Horne – Sally Cheapside, a young lady of doubtful virtue (1 episode, 1987)
- Simon Osborne – Pitt the Younger, the Prime Minister (1 episode, 1987)
- Steve Steen – Byron, romantic junkie poet (1 episode, 1987)
- Roger Avon – The Duke of Cheapside, her father (1 episode, 1987)
- Geoffrey McGivern – Ivor Biggun, a candidate (1 episode, 1987)
- Jim Sweeney – Coleridge, romantic junkie poet (1 episode, 1987)
- Dominic Martelli – Pitt the even Younger, a tiny whig (1 episode, 1987)
Also read: Guest appearances in Blackadder 3
You might also want to find out about: